3Bridges has a longstanding history of local community support and engagement, and we continue to maintain strong and meaningful relationships with people in our community.
Our staff and volunteers adhere to a Workplace Code of Conduct and Behaviour which ensures wetreat members of the public, our colleagues and clients with respect, fairness, and consistency. Our team members are expected to be courteous and sensitive to the needs of others and provide all necessary and appropriate assistance as is practicable.
We follow several established policies, code and procedures which preserve client rights, decision making and choice. These procedures are reinforced in legislation, regulation, and accreditation standards.
Our Expectations of Our Customers and Clients
As an employer we are committed to providing a safe environment for our staff and volunteers.
We request that customers and clients treat us with mutual respect.
On the rare occasion when a client or customer acts aggressively towards a staff member, volunteer, or other client we will act immediately to de-escalate the situation.
If any customer or client displays aggressive behaviour our staff and/or volunteer/s will:
- immediately request the customer or client cease behaving in an aggressive way. This will include a verbal warning for the behaviour to cease;
- if the behaviour continues, our staff and/or volunteer/s will remove themselves from the situation by either terminating a call, physically removing themselves from the situation or asking the person to leave;
- record the incident using our customer complaints procedure and the matter will be reviewed and assessed by a 3Bridges independent manager;
- where applicable, the staff member and/or the volunteer/s will follow behaviour management plans as provided; and,
- action may include a warning, denial of service or a report being made to the relevant authority (e.g. NSW Police Force).