For People Living with Dementia and their Family Carers
We believe early support can lead to better well-being, lower levels of carer burden, and more sustainable community-based care.
Offering practical, emotional and social support to people living with mild to moderate dementia and their family carers.
The level of support provided at Mindful Dementia Care enables people living with dementia and their families to adjust to the condition and continue to live life with dementia. Family carers participate alongside the person living with dementia in the form of information sessions and discussion groups or seek assistance in managing practical, emotional and social aspects of dementia care.
Dementia Program Locations
Mindful Dementia Care Kogarah – Mary Potter House
Mindful Dementia Care Kogarah offers Centre-based Respite services focusing on support for more advanced requirements. My Aged Care funding is required.
Mindful Dementia Care -Randwick Community Centre
Mindful Dementia Care Randwick offers Centre-based Respite services focusing on support for more advanced requirements. My Aged Care funding is required.
Mindful Dementia Care – Ashfield
Mindful Dementia Care Ashfield assists people with a mild to moderate diagnosis of dementia who intend to continue to live at home. Offering integrated support for
both a person living with dementia and their carer.
My Aged Care funding is NOT required.
CARER WORKING HUB.
Easily balance your work and program participation.
We have dedicated, secure onsite office space available for our participating carers. To learn more, contact us.
Anyone can refer to Mindful Dementia Care at our Ashfield location, a My Aged Care assessment is not required.
- Carer support and information
- Access to other community services
For persons living with dementia:
- Care in a supportive environment
- A friendly, happy, safe and social environment
- Physical, social and fun activities that are stimulating
- Meals that are nutritious in a social setting
- Activities that assist our clients with
- Respect of people from all cultures and backgrounds
To participate in the Mindful Dementia Care program, certain criteria is required:
- Experiencing mild to moderate dementia regardless of age and inclusive of people younger than 65
- Have at least a conversational level of English
- Independent with walking, toileting and feeding
- Willing to participate in the evidence based evaluation
- Ability to make their own way to the centre with the support of their families or community transport
How can we help?
Contact our team for more information on how to get started.
3Bridges Dementia Program Awards
“Over and Above” Award for the Home DVDs and Hello Packs during Covid-19 lockdown
Finalist for Innovation
2020 Aged and Community Services Australia
Certificate of Recognition for Creativity
2020 Future of Ageing Award
2018 ACSA Aged Care Award for NSW and ACT
Innovation in Service and Design
We want to hear your feedback
Please feel free to give us feedback whether it is a complaint, compliment or a question. 3Bridges welcomes any form of feedback, as this is a means of improving our services, supports and systems.
Imagine helping the people in your community when they need it most.
We collaborate with many wonderful volunteers and community partners whose shared passion and financial contributions make an incredible difference in the lives of many families.
Visit Volunteer at 3Bridges or Contact us using the button below to find out more.