Support for the early years of motherhood
Early years support
Having a child changes your life forever and our Early Years Support Team is right by your side.
Providing support to the St George and Sutherland Shire areas.
Our trained volunteers are all parents or grandparents themselves, or have experience in the childcare area. They understand what it’s like to have a new born baby. Offering a weekly three to four-hour home visiting service, they are on hand to support families during this time of change.
Our professionally trained and supervised volunteers are reliable, flexible and non-judgmental home visitors who enjoy working with families to build their confidence and parenting skills. Volunteers are screened and must have current Working with Children Clearances and Criminal Checks. Volunteers undergo a 4 day training held annually and attend regular in-service.
In this Section
Early years support
Before and after school care
We offer support to:
- Isolated parents who lack other support
- Mothers experiencing stress, anxiety, difficulty in adjusting to motherhood, ill health or disability, post-natal depression, multiple births or unwell babies
- Families with newborns are our priority
- New arrivals to our community
- Families local St George and Sutherland Shire
Our support includes:
- Assisting new mums with their newborn and/or other young children
- Helping with appointments or shopping
- Giving sleep-deprived mums some in-home respite
- Linking families to local community groups
- Offering information or resources where needed
- Reduce isolation by providing friendship and company
- Sharing parenting wisdom and experience
- Assisting with household organisation.
Western Sydney University Partnership
3Bridges is proud to partner with Western Sydney University to produce a White Paper on 3Bridges Early Years Support Service (EYSS).
The findings generated from the pilot study will be used to shape the future delivery of the program, inform policy change in the future, and highlight the role of early intervention during this critical time.
The White Paper will be finalised in August 2022.
Are you looking for a way to help mothers in need?
Get notified when our next training session is available.
What others’s say
The service has made the 1st year with our twins much more enjoyable. Loueze is such a positive person and was always able to help me look on the bright side when I was feeling anxious. The service is incredibly worthwhile and I don’t think I would be in the same frame of mind today If I didn’t have the support the service provided